Today is the first day since I've been in Florida that it has not gotten above 70 degrees, if I'm not mistaken. This is amazing! It's raining and about 62 degrees. Ahhh.
Also, here is an interesting grammar discussion on 'got' vs 'gotten'...
2 comments:
Katelyn Schultz
said...
Congrats on the low temperature! Also, my heart got (!) all warm reading that grammar discussion... :)
The discussion of AmE and BrE was very illuminating! It helped to see an analysis of how gotten is used, with the different meanings attached. Thanks! I wish I had read this a couple of years ago, while I was still teaching Brit LIt.
2 comments:
Congrats on the low temperature!
Also, my heart got (!) all warm reading that grammar discussion... :)
The discussion of AmE and BrE was very illuminating! It helped to see an analysis of how gotten is used, with the different meanings attached. Thanks! I wish I had read this a couple of years ago, while I was still teaching Brit LIt.
Post a Comment