I made bread today. I put oatmeal, a little bit of spelt, little bit of wheat bran, and a little bit of gluten flour (because I wasn't using flour with extra gluten already). It was very tasty, but it could have used a little more sugar...maybe because the spelt is harsher? After the bread came out, Tim and I packed a little picnic and ate out on the pier. It was very fun and we could see tons of little fish swimming (swarming). We don't know what they were doing; probably eating something, but we couldn't see it. We also saw jellyfish and lots of people fishing off the pier. We asked one fellow, and he said that he was fishing for king mackerel. I think they may have been using the little fish as bait, but I'm not sure...
Also, I'm 20 weeks pregnant this week, so I thought I'd include a picture of myself and my belly.
And now for the shaving part of the story. Tim had been growing his wiskers since we left Pullman, and this weekend was the time to shave it off. Here's the progression!
4 comments:
I didn't know you were expecting, Congratulations!! I remember 20 weeks, That was right around the time Jonathan could feel Levi moving from the outside. Enjoy, pregnancy was such a fun experience for me - well, most of it anyway :)
Where are you two living now, looks like you've moved out of Yakima
- Melissa
Hi Melissa!
Yes, we've moved all the way to Panama City, Florida. It's quite different than Yakima, but very interesting. Being away from most of the people we know, the climate, and the fact that there are very few sidewalks in our area are probably some of biggest changes.
It's good to hear from you!
Hilary
HA! Thanks for posting the pictures! Your baby bump is so cute! I can't wait to hear if it is going to be a girl or a boy :) The pictures of Tim are great - I think he looks a lot like the pictures I saw of dad when he was younger with a moustach... A picnic next to the ocean also sounds lovely... sigh... Can't wait to hear more :)
Yea! A 20-week photo! I've told everyone who will listen to me that I have a pregnant daughter in law! (as well as an 8mo and 14mo grandchild). You still look tiny to me, but I know your little one is growing. Tell us when you feel movement!
Also, I loved Tim's vanishing beard photos. It's so interesting how something as simply as facial hair makes such a difference in appearance. I probably wouldn't recognize Phil without his moustache!
We're off to the Brit Lib--[pray for us][and we're trying to decide what to do with our own acquired library...]
Much love, Mom
Post a Comment