Friday, August 27, 2010

First days in the new house...

Yesterday while Tim and I were on our way home we decided to stop by World Market. To our great surprise and delight, we saw that they had some beautiful dishes (picture below) with a pattern that matches our cherry blossom plates. It’s important to snatch up good, affordable dishes when you find them, because they’re not always easy to find when you want them…


We have been eating on this crate on the floor, because we have no chairs yet. Our two stuffed livingroom chairs are smokey and waiting to be cleaned. However, we just got a dining room table (no chairs yet, though), but we're going to use my hope chest from Grandma to sit on as a bench.

I'm going to post some pictures of the house we're renting. One of the best things about this place is that it's only 6 houses down from our friends, Jon and Megan. We haven't really set the place up much. The dining room has most of the stuff on the floor that didn't get smokey (mostly cloth items got smokey, plus the bookshelves, stuffed chairs, and suitcases).

Tim's been calling all the people and companies for getting everything set up, and he set up the wireless yesterday, so now we have internet.

Anyway, here are the pictures of the house. I'll try to update them as we get more settled in...


We have 3 palm trees in our front yard, and other tropical-ish looking plants.

Here's a picture of the kitchen from the outside of the back yard. The tiled space between is the future dining area, but we don't have a table in there yet.


We have a large, fenced-in back yard.


And this is what is behind our fence. It's part of the "preserve" , I'm pretty sure.


Here's one side of the living room. There's this wooded area in one corner. Maybe it's an "alcove".


View from dining room into hallway. There is a room on each side of this bathroom.


Here you can see from one bedroom to the other, with the bathroom between.


Living room fromt he other angle. The master bedroom door is on the left.


Here's a view from near the master bedroom door into the dining area.


Me making dinner

Master bedroom, and the master bathroom in the back.
We're really thankful for God's provision in providing us a house so near to our friends and near to Tim's work on the navy base (less than 5 minutes drive).

4 comments:

heid said...

It's beautiful Hil! When can me come visit already? :)

daniella said...

Thanks for the updates... your house is absolutely beautiful! I'm responding to your e-mail soon! :)

Uncle Dan and Aunt Sharon say hi!

Anonymous said...

Your place is lovely! I didn't know you had gotten a bed already--yea! You both did a great job of getting a terrific place for visitors to come stay with you. I can hardly wait! Love, Mom

Sarah said...

Dear Hilary,
Thanks for posting the pictures. I'm looking forward to my visit to P.C. Beach and the both+ of you.
love,
Sarah