So, Tim did this amazing list on his blog of things that he's thankful for and, thus inspired, I wrote out some of the things that I'm thankful for. This is a good, healthy, encouraging activity I would encourage anyone to do. My list is by no means comprehensive...I could go on and on.
There's no special order of importance.
Jesus (ok, that's first because I'm the most thankful for God and Jesus and everything relating to Jesus.)
Seasons
The changing of the seasons
Beautiful colours
That people are good at things I'm bad at
God's love
Boggle
Good vocabulary
Carrie
That she's a really generous person
That Jesus takes our burdens
My mom's patience and ingenuity
good books
languages
that I was able to live in Germany
the von Bibras
Mengni
her creativity
my bike
bike lanes
boat rides on the Rhine
good bread
that God never leaves me
Routines
strength to be happy without
trustworthiness
Reconciliation
the Marstons
that they let me play their piano
a home
a bed to sleep in
clothes
sanctification
cars
dental insurance
Grandma Doornink
her generosity
that God takes care of all my needs
German
Trudy
Trude
that the Lord's purpose prevails
that God knows better than I do
spending time with people I love
forgiveness
sharing
cooking
beautiful art
people, like Tim and Jane, who can create beauty
leaves in Fall
crispy air
reading out loud
that Dad and Mom read out loud to us
Deadlines
the hope in Jesus
Mercy and Charity
whistling
Noah's amazing whistling and his cheery spirit
delicious soup, especially in cold weather
Christian education
my family, who raised me in the Lord
the Doornink Family Reunion
our huge mixer and oven for baking
Pam
That God hears us when we pray and He answers
Emily Lucy
for right
rain
lots of rain, especially in the dead of summer when it's really needed
jackets and scarves
people I can rely on
Christiana
her uniqueness
justice
Grandma Boothman
her kindness and spunkiness
internet access
great relatives
Hobo breakfast
Hiking/Backpacking
beauty
that God never allows more than I can bear
cold cereal
Mrs. Corcoran
perspective
that Emily's teacher only makes her correct 5 missed problems on each math assignment
for music
for the ability to play music
that I can see and hear
for the Holy Spirit
for prayer anytime
my parents
consistent child discipline
cuffy bear stories
that Dad and Mom sang to us and with us when we were little
the Bible
that I can have a Bible and read it
Tetley tea
Milk
a healthy body
running
being able to go to University
Pullman
E-Free
Soma
eating dinner together
working with people I love
that the Holy Spirit convicts me
that He gives me the ability to apologize
clarity
for people who apologize
singing
singing and playing music with others
harmonizing with Jane
Tim
Kate's voice
my sister Annie
her wit
my mom's cooking
corbread
cornbread for breakfast
violin lessons
food to eat
that the Lord is faithful and always goes before me
for forgiveness
truth
Jackie dog
honesty
a hope and a future
the market
people who take good pictures
printed pictures
that God has always given my family what we've need and never abandoned us and that my parents were faithful in giving Him thanks and praise and credit for His provision.
for difficult times
for knowing God
for His constant love
There is much more that could be on this list.
3 comments:
Could you write a book like this for me someday?
It's a long list--and it feels so good to recognize many of those you include. My list includes you.
Trude
My Dear, what a great list. The best part is, of course, that Christ is our Saviour. One thing I wanted to ask.....is it just tetley tea, or is it exclusively the Orange Pekoe? :) I'm glad that I made your list. I also praise God everyday that you are in my family AND that you are one of my best friends. I love you lots.
Post a Comment