My grandma Boothman and I at her birthday party, which was the reason that we drove up to Canada. It was so good to see Grandma after so long, and we were also able to visit with a lot of our relatives that we haven't seen in a long time.
In the background of the above picture is my Uncle Eddie. Uncle Eddie is married to my Aunt Sandi. They live up not far from the border and had all of us to stay a couple of nights at their beautiful place. Not only did they let us use there house they fed us too! Feeding 18 people is no easy feat, but they did it with style and ease and the food was delicious! Thanks!
Our time with our cousins and aunts and uncles was really enjoyable and the trip up and back from Canada was also really great. I was deeply struck by the utter difference that Jesus makes in a family. Jesus is the answer.
On the way home we stopped by Dry Falls, Chief Joseph Dam park, and the view to Grand Coulee Dam. It took a long time to get home, but everyone was in pretty good spirits and Emily and I were groovin' in the back, so it fun!
Then the following week Sarah and I had our birthdays (that's my birthday crown. Sarah and I each got one from Mercy and Charity to wear at our party.) Carrie, my cousin, made these super cool-looking cakes, and they tasted good too! We had corn on the cob, salad, and BBQ for my birthday, plus I got some cool presents like Sea-salt Almonds, Herbal Essence conditioner and hair gel, a relaxation eye-mask, a great necklace from my mom, a pair of earings from Mercy--which I'm wearing in the picture with Ana below--and a Border's giftcard.
On Friday I drove over to Pullman for the market, met Tim at the airport with Mrs. and Mr. M (!), and then baked bread for the highland games with Tim at our house in Pullman...
I'm leaving out lots of cool details for the sake of time, but Tim has a great post on his blog about the highland games...
Anyway, I had a great little birthday dinner at the Marston's after church on Sunday and got some cool gifts (which I wasn't expecting! Thanks so much!) and had a great time with them. Mrs. M made a delicious peach pie, it was wonderful.
I stayed in Pullman until Wednesday and, praise the Lord, was able to get my writing portfolio all turned in. That's great.
Ana and I then drove back from Pullman together and these pictures are from the drive home.
Between Washtucna and Othello, near Marcellus Rd.--for those of you who know where that is-- Ana and I pulled over to take some pictures. The sun was bright and the wind was blowing.
Ana and lots of wilderness extending behind her...
Ana had her music there and we listened to some interesting stuff..
me driving
Long
and
Straight
1 comment:
"but Tim has a great post on his blog about the highland games..."
Hmmm... could we get a link?
Post a Comment