Friday, October 10, 2008

Thursday--We found the truck

I have some more pictures! I hope to be more diligent at posting pictures of my family and daily happenings around here...and the internet has been working pretty well for the past couple of days, which makes that possible!


We have the truck back, praise the Lord! Noah prayed for the police to find it at lunch and shortly thereafter we got a call to come and pick it up. It was in a part of Yakima that I don't really know that well, parked at some odd angle partially blocking an alley. It had run out of gas (thank you Jesus) and the people who had stolen it had just left it sitting there.

Thursday was 80's day at school. Here is Trudy dressed up. What's funny is that I used to go to school for reals dressed in things similiar to that. Ahhh, big sweaters and leggings.


Emily after school. She's holding a fire-safety poster that she's been working on. Last year she won the contest for the best poster with the clearest discription of fire-safety for children and she got to ride in the fire truck, I believe. She also had no math corrections for the last two days and got good grades on the two tests she took this week. Yay!

For some reason Noah had a Root Beer...that is a very rare around here and he was pretty excited.


Christiana after school yesterday. Everyone was pretty excited about getting the truck back.


80's girls Trude and Kate!

This is a picture that Jane drew for pictionary telephone (great game!) to go with a description similiar to: "some creepy guy over there is winking at hilary"

and this is what she came up with. The funny thing was that people recognized it as me.

2 comments:

mom & dad said...

Thank you for sharing the good news re the truck. Yes -- praise God for his daily blessings. -- Mr. M

Melissa K. said...

Ok, so I will NEVER forget the time we played that game at Naomi Reichers' apartment before Jonathan and I got married. The phrase was "there's no I in Team" and Jane drew this absolutely hillarious picture of a poor cyclopse, with one big eye and a giant tear rolling down it. He was wearing his basketball jersey. far off in the background was a basketball team. It was truely the saddest cyclopse I'd ever seen, and a drawing I will NEVER forget!