Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tuesday!

Today is Tuesday. Tuesday is my least favourite university day of the week. I dread Tuesday. I was so happy to miss Tuesday last week. Ergg. I hope I survive--I will survive, but I usually feel frazzled and done-for by the end.

This morning we went to the Frau Güster's (the neighbor lady's) garden and picked Johannes berries. We picked a ton and then took them off the little stems and now we are going to make jam....some frozen and some cooked. I also got stung by stinging nettles while picking them and they made a bumpy raised patch on the top of my foot--it was more shocking than painful...and I got stung on the back of a couple of my fingers and they are itching...


Here we are taking the little red Johannes berries off the stems...Felicitas just put a johannesberry pie/cake type thing in the oven. Yummy.

And here is the picture of my stinging-nettle-wounded foot.

Mengni is frantically learning English. So I've begun talking some English with her, but it's really strange. It's like I have to force my self to consciously speak English with her, because we've always spoken in German. Our entire friendship is completely in German. That's pretty rad.

No comments: