Monday, July 7, 2008

Tea, Coffee, Wind, Rain

Monday, Monday. Today I got up, ate breakfast, read my bible, drank a cup of delicious Tetley tea, took a cold/sponge shower, cleaned the upstairs bathroom, and intensively delved into the task of cleaning my basement responsibility--though I didn't finish--and wrote a short paper in German for my Textproduction class all before 11:12am. Then I hopped on my bike and rode to University.
The weather has been extremely capricious today: Rain, shine, wind, rain, wind, clouds, sun.
Today we had grammar/study for only half the time and then we went to a beer garden to finish off our last official day of learning for the semester in our textproduction class. Next week we have the test and then we're done!
Anyway, I drank a coffee--which is still making me sort of shake. I guess I'm out of the habit of drinking coffee...it didn't used to affect me so much. Actually, it doesn't always--maybe it was because I didn't eat anything shortly before, after, or during the coffee drinking. I had the best time talking with a few Japanese students and a chinese student from my class. They are a lot of fun to talk to, and they can speak really good German. Then I went again with one of the Japanese girls and a guy named Shataro to drink some Japanese tea. It was really good--not green tea, but roasted tea or something like that. (It's called Hojicha, with a line over the 'o').

And, I just came home and Christoph and Felicitas were arranging for Mengni to go to England for a couple of weeks to learn English in Canterberry. So, Mengni is going to England next week!

No comments: