Sunday, July 6, 2008

class again tomorrow

Today was beautiful. I took a long walk this afternoon up to my favourite place up above the village where there are wheat and Rye and corn fields. It reminds me of Pullman, where I can see for a long ways without trees obstructing my view...fresh and refreshing.
Anyway, here is a picture that was taken in the little apartment that we lived in in Paris. It was in the latin district (there were about as many latin people there as there are in greenland). Trude and I made these beautiful salads one day for lunch. I didn't really take many pictures...

And I took this one right after the Marston's flew away and I was back in the city. I tried to get into the Museum d'Orsay to see some van Gogh, but they wouldn't let me in with my pack. So I walked along the river for a while, trying to find a place to buy an almond croissant. Mrs. M opened my world to almond croissants, they are excellent.

The sky would also get this colour, I think it is called Parish Blue.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you had a good trip. sorry i missed your call this morning. i was in church.

Sarah

tmm said...

Hi Hilary, good picture of the river. It's too bad it wasn't sunny that day though... here's an example of Parrish blue, and I hope that link works