First, I'm really stoked about Sarah coming to visit! Lord willing she will arrive next Sunday in a week! Wonderful, wonderful!
I'm staying awake until Christoph and Felicitas come home...Oh sleep, sleep, sleep.
Today was like a roller coaster. I woke up and talked to Meng ni in English, which she didn't understand, and which I don't normally do.
Then I accompanied Amelie to school on our bikes at like 7:20am. She rode the bike because her friend for some reason couldn't take her. And then I rode back home. And then I rode Felicitas' bike to lecture in Bonn because I loaned my bike-lock to Amelie because she didn't have one. Hm...yeah, I rode a different way: along the railroad tracks. I'll have to time it, but I think it's faster....
I had a nice afternoon. We had noodles and frikadellen--which are like meatballs that you don't eat with sauce--for lunch. And then waffles and fruit for Tee, and salad and bread and butter for dinner...and then some little cookies or chocolate or prezel sticks for dessert/snack.
My eyes are so heavy right now. You know that feeling where they are still heavy-feeling after they are closed? I can't keep...kee...ke..................ep....
Ok, wake up.
Yeah, um. Yeah. um...I could sleep on my keyboard, it looks pretty soft.
Yeah, by the end of the day I was speaking better German. I brought the kids to bed, and someone usually reads something out of the Bible, then Amelie reads some kid story aloud, and then we sing. It's a nice time.
This is the bus-stop in front of the Bad-Godesberg Bahnhof where I usually catch the bus when I ride it. (In German they would say: Where I usually catch the bus when I drive with him.--it still makes me chuckle when I think about their usage of personal pronouns for objects...)
On the path that goes along the tracks I drove by the Mercedes Benz building. There is a spinning Mercedes logo-thingy on top.There are these little gardens scattered all over. They are called Schrebergärten (plural) and are a little allotment of land that you rent (or maybe own, I'm not sure). Anyway, I don't think you're officially allowed to build on them, but you can have like non-permanent structures. So people have these little plots and turn them into like getaways. It's really interesting. Some of them are totally elaborate. I've heard that people will like grill and hang out at their garden plot, and some people even sleep over in their little non-permanent structures...
Here's the CLW (Centrum Lebendiges Wort) where I go to church. It's about 5k away from my house. There is a pre-school that is in the side-building of the church during week days. the kids are playing in the sand here...
Here is another picture of my bike...with the Rhine in the background.

1 comment:
Dearest, thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and pictures (which are also your thoughts, because you chose the subject matter) I feel closer to you because of them. Stay warm...your own, Mama
Post a Comment