I have no class to day! The orientation class is over and the university classes begin next Monday.
Just some interesting observations:
Firstly, it's pretty awesome how (at least in the places that I've been) safe it is to walk around even at night here. Last night after the navigators meeting they just said goodbye to me and let me walk out to find my way home by myself at 10:30 pm with no worries--and they needn't worry because it is seriously safe. I don't feel particularly fearful standing by myself at night at a deserted tram-stop...I mean, it's kind of like Pullman feeling but the city here is bigger than Spokane. Anyway, I was a little too late last night and didn't realize that the last bus to Pech left Bad-godesberg at 10:20. So I peddled home last night at about 11pm with my generator light. Maybe it's just me, but I think that light--rubbing up agains my tire and extracting energy from it--really makes it more difficult to peddle...
Secondly, yesterday afternoon while I was waiting for a train I saw a lady there who was eating a whole, unpealed carrot. She looked like a married grad-student. It made me smile.
Interesting: Two days ago I was trying to get some stamps out of the machine, but didn't want to pay with my card so I ended up not buying any (good story, eh?) no that's just a little background.... The interesting thing is that a lady came after me that looked nice and everything, but she addressed me in the 'du' informal 'you' and asked me if I was done with the machine. Of course, because everyone in English uses only 1 'you' it doesn't really mean that much to me if someone uses 'du' with me...I mean, mentally I'm like ?what? but it doesn't seem really rude or strike me deeply...Usually anyone who you are unaquainted with over 18 you use the formal 'Sie' form of 'you'...(except among students and believers, it's always 'du'). So, she used 'du' on me, that was strange...
And 3 days ago an old man used 'du' on me. And people here seem to assume that I'm still in high school. Felicitas said that she thinks people are making honest mistakes...it doesn't bother me.
And yesterday an old lady at the post office told me that I looked like the angel from something...I didn't catch what she said...
Amadeus is being cute today.....keeps asking me what the fan on my computer is...and then keeps saying, 'heute muss ich wieder zu meiner blöden Uni' or something to that effect..."today I have to go back to my stupid university"
Ok, I said I'd make him a hot cocoa in five minutes...it's been longer!
2 comments:
Hilary: I was pleased when Trude told me about your Navigator group. They have a long history in Germany and blessed my brother there over 35 years ago. -- Mr. M
Mr. M,
I didn't know that your brother was in Germany...It's good to be with other Christians here. ~HRB
Post a Comment