We have a very standard (ahem, cheap) Graco. I like it because it has batteries and an AC adapter, so I can clip it to my belt if I go outside to rake leaves.
A number of my friends have Video monitors which, I'm not gonna lie, are pretty cool. They say that these things offer them a peace of mind they never knew they needed. I have to admit, being able to roll over and see my kiddo happily asleep would be neat - then again I suppose co-sleeping would be just as good :)
One other one a friend of mine has is called an "angel care" monitor - basically, it comes with a "matress pad" that goes under your crib sheet. If the pad senses no movement for a certain number of seconds an alarm goes off. It senses movements as small as the baby's breathing, so again, peace of mind. This one also functions as a traditional monitor if memory serves me correctly.
All that to say, we have a plain, standard monitor that has worked well for us. There are a lot of cool things out there though!
We have the "angel care" monitor, but I never bothered to install the mattress pad that senses movement. If I'd had a preemie or babies with any health issues, I'm sure I would have used it.
My advice would be to get (or register for :) the cheapest one you can find that has both batteries and an AC adapter. Really that's about it.
We have a very simple Safety 1st one that the church ladies gave us from walmart. the nice thing I learned about it, which evidently does not come with all of them, is that you can completely turn the sound off and just look at the number of red bars to see if your baby is crying. It is nice when you have company over to play cards and you don't want them to see what level of noise you allow your baby to (or to not) make before you decide to go in and get them :)
4 comments:
We have a very standard (ahem, cheap) Graco. I like it because it has batteries and an AC adapter, so I can clip it to my belt if I go outside to rake leaves.
A number of my friends have Video monitors which, I'm not gonna lie, are pretty cool. They say that these things offer them a peace of mind they never knew they needed. I have to admit, being able to roll over and see my kiddo happily asleep would be neat - then again I suppose co-sleeping would be just as good :)
One other one a friend of mine has is called an "angel care" monitor - basically, it comes with a "matress pad" that goes under your crib sheet. If the pad senses no movement for a certain number of seconds an alarm goes off. It senses movements as small as the baby's breathing, so again, peace of mind. This one also functions as a traditional monitor if memory serves me correctly.
All that to say, we have a plain, standard monitor that has worked well for us. There are a lot of cool things out there though!
We have the "angel care" monitor, but I never bothered to install the mattress pad that senses movement. If I'd had a preemie or babies with any health issues, I'm sure I would have used it.
My advice would be to get (or register for :) the cheapest one you can find that has both batteries and an AC adapter. Really that's about it.
We have a very simple Safety 1st one that the church ladies gave us from walmart. the nice thing I learned about it, which evidently does not come with all of them, is that you can completely turn the sound off and just look at the number of red bars to see if your baby is crying. It is nice when you have company over to play cards and you don't want them to see what level of noise you allow your baby to (or to not) make before you decide to go in and get them :)
Thanks for all the input!
Post a Comment