Monday, October 18, 2010

What we've been up to lately...

I think we're slowly but surely becoming more used to Panama City Beach...which is easier now that the weather has toned it down a bit. We've been experiencing some beautiful summery weather (warm, sunny days and low humidity). I hear the temperature of the gulf has 'cooled down' (to like the 70's probably), so prime swimming is probably over. Hopefully we'll be able to make it in again before it get's too freezing. (I guess it get's all the way down to like 58 in December. That's a huge temperature range!)

Now for some pictures....



Has anyone ever had their computer show them something that looked like that? I just waited for the computer to catch up with my clicking, and it got out of it by itself. That was bizarre.

Tim and I attended the 235th annual Navy Ball on Saturday night. It was supposed to be a celebration of the beginning of the US Navy I guess. We enjoyed a nice time and a tasty steak dinner. Everyone was quite dressed up, and the military people were in their fancy uniforms. It was really fun to be able to dress up and spend a formal evening with my wonderful husband.

On Friday we made the famous biscuit braid, one of Tim's all-time favourites. He helped me with the biscuit and did a fantastic job.


I also made my first lemon meringue pie using a recipe from Grandma Boothman. It was really simple and very tasty. I'm going to have to make that again!


A while ago I found probably the biggest flake I've ever seen in my raisin bran.


I think I win. (Ok, so we actually did a search and found that someone else had found this huge chunk of cereal in their box, but I would call that a manufacturing mistake, not a flake. I think I still win.)

******
And now the moment you've all been waiting for....


*Week 27*

There's nothing a whole lot new except that the child's movements have become increasingly strong and frequent. Sometimes I think she's dancing (I really wish that I knew what was actually going on in there). I get to see my tummy bobbing around when she really get's going. It's quite amusing. I guess she weighs somewhere around 2 pounds and is approximately 15 inches long.

I also got my first every pedicure. I went with Megan and we had a nice time together and lunch afterwards!

4 comments:

trude marston said...

Thanks so much for posting! I think you and Tim made a very handsome couple! It thrills me to see your little one getting obviously bigger...and bigger! Yea! Mominlaw

Anonymous said...

You have an adorable baby bump! Thanks for posting! Did you dance at the ball?

Hilary said...

We danced just a little bit. There was only "modern" music...if you know what I mean. No real ballroom dancing...

Anonymous said...

Hil! You look ADORABLE! I love seeing your pictures too! So glad to read that all is still well. I'll be calling soon to get another update : )
And i'm going to have to start looking for cute clothes for that little girl! Love you!
Whit