Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Bay

Recently I was on a walk with Megan and Aurelia (and Blaise in the stroller), and we came upon this lovely dock in a condo area not far from our house. It's a gated area, but the gate is almost always open. They have a sidewalk in there, so we thought it would be a good place to walk. The water is shallow for a long way, and sometimes you can see interesting things in the water. The first time we went there we had a dolphin swim up (chasing a fish) quite close to the dock. It was really cool!


So Tim and I decided to go down there. We spotted some interesting things in the water and Tim went to check them out and explore. (Tim actually saw a stingray once, and he spotted baby one again when we went the other day...)

Tim found some hermit crabs. He was also careful to shuffle his feet in order to avoid stepping on a stingray, which would be quite painful.

I was watching from the dock, and seeing if I could spot interesting things for Tim to check out. Some of the hermit crabs were in interesting shells. We've heard and seen that people go fishing around where we live. We've even seen fish jumping out of the water not too far from the dock.

It's great to have a place like this just a short walk from our house!

1 comment:

Leah said...

The water looks beautiful (and a lot warmer to walk in than the water here in WA)!

I have a good friend with a 4 year old boy named Blaise (after Blaise Pascal of course!) but it is pretty rare to come across any other Blaise's :)