I'm sorry that I've taken so long to post again! I'm going to post some pictures from last week, so you can see a little bit of what we've been up to!

While Tim was refinishing our table, we ate at the little peninsular bar that sticks out from the kitchen. We went healthy one night. Plus, we enjoy eating on our cool, blue plates.

Alright, here I am last Friday (21weeks)

Tim at the beach

We had a picnic at the St. Andrews state park
******
Refinishing the Table

We found a solid oak table at Goodwill, but it needed to be refinished, as you can see. So, Tim decided to do it! Thanks Tim!


Tim Sanding the leaf to remove the old finish/stain

Tim sanding down the main table...


Now the table is ready to be stained....

Tim applying the stain


The second coat of stain, I think....

Doesn't it look great? Thanks Tim!!!!
You can see the very cool gears in the middle that allow the table to slide apart for the leaf.
Then Tim applied several coats of Polyurethane and it looks great! We have it in our dining room. I don't have a picture of it yet, but I'll try to post one soon.
4 comments:
The table looks great. Hope you guys are having fun in florida!
Sarah
Wow! I award Tim +5 man points for refurbishing the table, and it looks good! Unfortunately I have to give -2 man points for wearing elbow high purple dish washing gloves :)
Ha! yeah, those were the cheapest gloves :) The table is indeed wonderful!
Post a Comment