Last Friday we went to Seagrove Beach to have a fish boil with Jon and Megan and their extended family. It was really great! They were at a house right on the beach. We didn't go swimming in the ocean, but Tim went wading.
The weather, in my opinion, is best on the beach, because there is a breeze and it feels cooler and not so sticky!

The water was very clear and warm. We want to go swimming sometime...but not at dusk. Apparently dawn and dusk are shark-feeding times! (I'll also mention that the Florida panhandle is one of the safest places to swim. There are virtually no shark attacks here. Last one was in 2005, I think.)

Aurelia with her 'sunglasses'...as I think she called them

The sunset was beautiful! Tim took these amazing pictures...


You can see the moon and a star in the sky.
After watching the sun go down, we all enjoyed some amazing seafood (and potatoes and corn). It's really great. It's all boiled in tasty spices and then each person can have a little cup with drawn butter in it to dip things in--just my style. I had lobster for the first time. It was pretty good. I don't know why you don't just eat shrimp or crawfish though...
No comments:
Post a Comment