Thursday, July 17, 2008

End of the Semester

Hey! I'm posting and I've got some pictures. I'm trying to take pictures, and it's working to some extent. Alright! I'll do them chronologically-ish.
Let's see, yesterday was Wednesday. Wednesday, Wednesday, what did I do yesterday. Hold on. I'm thinking...I mean, I have a picture from yesterday, but I thought I wanted to say something else about the day...
Well, I had a test that went really well, and I bought a cool brown little sweater. And realized that, although I am not at all superstitious, there would seem to be some sort of connection between me not having an umbrella and it raining. I decided yesterday that I didn't want to run back inside and grab an umbrella. Alas, it poured rain. Then today I was like, 'aha, I'm not going to forget this time' and it looked as though it would start pouring all day, but it didn't.

Yesterday evening was the Navigators end-of-the-semester get together. We met at Kelley's house (American who's been living in Germany for something like 18 years. She's cool) and ate food and talked and had a good time.


Me, Alex, Hanna, and Kelley
Alex drove me home late last night. This morning I woke up and was like 'hey, I'm all alone here. What can I do?', and so I got up and made pancakes. They were delicious. It was like a special little Hilary-eats-American-breakfast-for-the-first-time-in-5-months.


There they are. Lovely, lovely.

Then I put water on to boil, tons of it for a bath, and began to study for the test that I was supposed to have. I studied, took a nice bath (!), and then studied some more--not realizing that I was actually studying right through the time that I was supposed to be taking the test. I realized this only after the professor didn't show for what I thought was a 1:30 appointment. After recognizing my error I emailed the professor, apologizing and asking if he had time on Friday. He wrote back shortly that he we can do the test tomorrow! Thanks for praying, and praise the Lord. I'm very grateful for this.

By that time it was late enough that I didn't want to go home and then all the way back to Bonn again to meet my friends from class, so I went to Leonie's house...

Leonie and me

Then I went to Bonn and met up with Shotaro, Chris, Moei (I don't know the spelling.) and another nice girl--whose name I cannot remember.

We ate ice cream and then went to this Tex-Mex sort of place. We had a good time talking and hanging out. It's strange to think that I probably won't see some of these people ever again...

nice girl, Moei, Chris, Shotaro, me


Moei and Chris

And that was my day today. Oh yeah, besides buying beets! Yay!

Now this is something completely unrelated, but oh well.

Annie took this picture of me, but it was very discriptive of how I feel after sight-seeing for too long on an empty stomach...

Accompanying thought: "This is a really nice old city wall gate thing. If we don't go soon, happy thoughts will no longer be going through my head."

Though I must say, the whole Trier experience was much better than I thought it would be. The Roman Amphatheatre was cool...

I can hear the rain dripping outside the window. I love that sound. I'm going to try to get some sleep and be fit for my tests tomorrow!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it.
Thanks for posting I feel like its just for me.
stgaw

Hilary said...

Thanks stgaw,
It was nice talking to you last night.
Nasse Straße...it's cool you know all these things.
Love,
Hila