Friday, June 13, 2008

Kate's Birthday

Today is Kate's birthday, Happy Birthday Kate!!! I love you very much!

I woke up this morning and turned off my alarm and when I woke up again it was 9:15, which is usually when I leave for school. AAAAAAHHHH, so I rush and rush and am out of the house by 9:30. Then I start biking and am like, WhOAA, I'm really tired. So I just rode to Bad-Godesberg and took the train.

Then during the very non-interesting lecture about the history of the German language--(like verb conjugation patterns used in the 1100's, ok...) We are now to Early High German, so it's recognizable, but anyway, I spent the whole time thinking about what I'm going to do with Carrie and possibly Jane anda Ray at the end of summer. The possibilities are endless. This could be very cool.

Then at the end of the lecture I got the brilliant idea of making cornbread--and this thought is what kept me going until I got home. I think I'm getting sick or something, because I'm very exhausted after doing completely normal amounts of movement/excercise.
Moving on...I made pretty much the best cornbread of my life, no joke. It's SOOOO good and super easy. Here's the recipe-ish, I don't have any measuring utensils.

Approx. 2 cups of flour 1/2 corn and 1/2 white. My corn flour is very fine, so I did 3/4 corn.
1.5-2 Teaspoons baking powder
1/4-1/2 cup of suger (depending on how you like it)
1.5 teaspoons salt
3/4-1 teaspoon baking soda

(these don't have to be exact. Just make sure you have enough salt (but not too much!!!). If you have too little baking powder it will simply be heavier and less fluffy)

approx. 3/4 cup buttermilk (I have no buttermilk, so I squeezed 1/2 a lemon into my milk. You can also use vinegar to curdle your milk, or sour cream, or jogurt as substitute. Or you can use regular milk and no Baking Soda...)

2 eggs (not very large, on large one would probably suffice)
1.5 tablespons of melted butter

I think that's everything. I mixed all the dry. Then I mixed all the wet and then I put them together, stirred it up and poured it into a greased pan.

It is amazing tasting, especially with honey on top.

I think I'm going to go take a nap.

No comments: