First of all,Ladies and Gentlemen, du-du-dunnnnn...My Bike

Isn't that picturesque with flowers in the background. It's purplish, has 21 gears, and got me back from Bonn to Bad-Godesberg in 22 minutes yesterday.

I rode through a few back streets and they were so beautiful! All the trees are bluming, which makes you think that it should be like spring.

But the weather here is capricious. I rode part of the way along the Rhine and hod to take a picture of this lady because 1) she was a running wearing running shoes 2) she's in Germany doing it. The Bonn Marathon is on Sunday, so there are a few more people to be seen running for sport, but it's still more rare than in P-town. She's blowing a snot-rocket in the picture. It's a little gross, yes, but anyone who's run long distances in cold and blustery weather understands.

I had the realization yesterday that I live in Germany. That was kind of cool. I took this picture of the Rhine. There is a beautiful promenade along the Rhine that's several kilometers long...then the path narrows, but I can ride it all the way to Bad-Godesberg...

Ok, I'm not particularly fond of this picture of myself, but it shows two things....1)I'm not tired and depressed, and 2) I'm dry.
And this is the street by the internatinoal office. You can see the trees are beginning to leaf (blume?, sprout?)...I took it while riding my bike.
And...my typical lunch. The sandwich on the right is fresh cheese and the one on the left is quark and jam. Usually though, I have a gouda sandwich, but we were out. Oh desperation! I survived...
This was the highlight of my ride home. This little guy was right in the middle of the bike path between Pech and Bonn. I thought of the French and how they eat snails. I don't think I would like to eat this snail. This is a snail, right? It looks like a slug with a shell.
And my ride home yesterday...About 1.5 kilometers from home it stopped raining...I was totally soaked. Soaked. It was pouring, pouring, pouring rain and I didn't want to wait for the train. And then when I got to Bad-Godesberg I didn't want to stand around in my soaking garments and wait for the bus. That wasn't a nice ride home.
Today it was cold but not raining. I went to the British Lit. and Culture class at 8am and sat in the back and read my book. The friend I was going to meet there sent me a text that she wouldn't be there but I didn't check my phone until way later.
I'm reading this book (in German) about American airforce guys who went down in the south pacific during WWII and were stranded for like I think 3 weeks. It's interesting.
I'm really blocky. I think I'm going to try to sleep. The Wiegel family is playing at the synagogue this evening. They are an extremely musically talented family...like professional level. The parents, 2 daughters, and 1 son all play together.
7 comments:
So you call them "snot rockets?" Colorful! And so is the bread, very brown. And speaking of food, it is a snail, not a slug. But they're pretty much the same thing...
Ah thanks. Yes, I didn't know there were alternate names for snot rockets. Interesting...HRB
"Snot rockets" is just sick...However, they do remind me of Uncle Jim on the ranch.
What's quark? (assuming you're not talking about the subatomic particle on your sandwich...)
Hey also what Spanish did you sign up for? -Kyle
Mom, yeah, pretty gross, but necessary...
Kyle-quark is this milk product that isn't sour and isn't yogurt. It's not cottage cheese at all...hm. It's not so smooth ast yogurt, but it doesn't have lumps. It's not sweet; it has no culture. It's really versatile. It can be used to make like veggie dip, for example, or it goes really nicely with jame on toast.
I'm taking 308 at 9am...
~HRB
Hey Hildee, I'm impressed with your awesome snail picture---simple and because of that, elegant. The lighting and the wetness, very snaillike, but pavement, how unique and unhabitatish. (Love that word?) Speaking of cool pictures, Neilmeister is on a picture kick and he has a very keen eye for lighting and angles, beauty and subject matter. I think he is only pretending to be an engineer, he is really a closet artist.
Love,
the Mamacita
Yes, mom, I agree about Neil. I'm sure he'll make a good engineer, but I still think he was born to be a highschool teacher...you'll have to send me some of the pictures of the kids/pictures of your and dad's trip here.
Love,
HRB
Post a Comment