Oh yeah, and I learned something really interesting today while going on a walk through the woods near Pech. Ready? Ok. There are wild pigs that run around these woods. Yeah. I'm not joking. And it the fields around there are random tall green towers with a room on the top...they look like some sort of watch or guard tower. So I asked Felicitas what they were, and she said that they are hunter look-outs, so that the hunters can watch for the wild pigs among the fields and hunt them without being in danger. I guess these wild boars can be dangerous....aaaaand, they eat them. Yeah. Crazy.
This is Amelie. I really don't know how this happened.
Amadeus.
And I took this one. It is the underground (the underground that goes above ground a lot of the time) that I took to Wesseling, the city where the climbing wall is between Cologne and Bonn. This one is pretty old; a lot of the undergrounds, trams, and trains are substancially nicer. I was also informed by Insa that having my foot on the seat could be a costly luxury. I don't remember how much, but you can get fined a mentionable amount of money if the controller person comes by when your feet are on the seat...I also don't think that I've been tremendously good at keeping posted what I've been doing. I'll try to upload some pictures of my trip to Stuttgart and other interesting things.
My friend Katelyn is visiting right now, which is great! Hey...
It's cold and rainy here. Did I mention that it's freezing? Yeah, it's super cold. The temperature isn't that cold, but this cold seems to chill you to the core, unlike anything I remember experiencing for extended amounts of time in March in Washington...but maybe it just seems more drastic because I'm experiencing it right now...memory can be warped sometimes. And it's not as cold as January in Pullman, that's for sure...
Happy St. Patrick's day!

1 comment:
Hilary: The children look delightful and (what is even more important) they enjoy being with you. Thank you for the pictures.
-- Mr. M.
Post a Comment