Friday, February 29, 2008

Die Eltern sind jetzt da!

My parents made it safely. I went with Felicitas to the airport to pick them up, and they were pretty tired but managed to stay awake until the evening so that they could sleep better during the night.
Today we went on some adventures to Bad Godesberg, the city nearby, and then went to Bonn. A cool note for those who don't know: Germany seems to be the land of abundance of good bread. There are so many bakeries here--real bakeries that sell bread and not just sweets, although many have sweets as well. We were standing in a city square in Bonn and could see 6 bakeries at once...wonderful. I'll have to take a picture sometime.
Note: When I hear Germans complaining about the ineffeciency of the transportation system, it makes me chuckle inside...(they obviously haven't experienced the most beloved and appreciated Pullman Transit!) You can practically set your watch by the trains (actually, you can)...and when the bus is 5 minutes late it's like the biggest deal ever. Someone said something to me once like, "No, seriously, the system is getting really bad...sometimes the trains are even 4...5 minutes late!"--and I thought, 'lady, you have no idea!'
But to be completely fair, there are times when the trains are delayed--but that is announced and posted as well...
I'll post some more pictures when I get the chance...

No comments: