Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Try Again

Last night I was a little too depressed (it was getting late) to try to post the pictures and everything again, so I'll put up a couple this morning. We had a really good drive yesterday. Tim drove most of the time, though I did drive a little!
I've never been to Utah before, so this is interesting. Actually, something that I've noticed (at least between Idaho and Ogden) is that there are a lot of deserted old farms. I'm not sure why that is, but it does look pretty lonely and desolate between the settlements here, and pretty dry. There are rugged sort of desert mountains with very flat valleys in between (kind of like the rocky sort of mountains near Oliver BC, except these don't have normal pine trees on them and they're slightly more Yakima-esque. They have these of shrubby-looking piny sorts of trees on some parts of them.

Tim and I started listening to The Hobbit on tape in the car yesterday, which was quite fun.

Alright, I'll post a few pictures now. We're planning, Lord willing, to make it to Flagstaff, AZ today and to be able to see the Grand Canyon on the way. We were so surprised last night that so many hotels were full, so we made a reservation in Flagstaff for tonight!





I think this was either way southern Idaho or just into Utah. The sky was really beautiful!


Getting near Utah we hit just a little bit of rain, but the cloud-cover was really nice!

I was so surprised that McCall, Idaho was a bustling little tourist/resort town! We'd been through several small, dinky little western towns before we came to McCall, which was alive with people walking on the streets and everything. It's pretty high elevation, I believe, so it wasn't too roasting.


We had such vibrant skies and interesting skies yesterday. This is not to far past McCall. Lots of the houses had metal-roofs (I'm guessing to keep off the snow).


Beautiful sky in Idaho

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks Hilary.
love,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Huzzah for blogging your trip! Can't wait to hear more about it :0)

Anonymous said...

Huzzah for blogging your trip! Can't wait to hear more about it :0)