Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Graduation-Pullman

I graduated from WSU with a degree in German and a minor in Spanish (Bachelor of Arts in Foreign Languages and Cultures with a major in German)!

My time at WSU was really good. I'm grateful for the excellent christian community that I've been able to be a part of. I've lived in five places during my time in Pullman:

1. First semester at WSU I lived in Gannon dorm, fifth floor...very close to the rooms in which my sister Sarah and cousin Carrie lived.

2. Pullman House-a year and a half of some of the best roommate-ness ever. Carrie and I lived there. That was a fun and good time. She was (still is) a true friend.

3. Marston House-this was a great time for me...greater than I knew at the time. I got to know the Marstons (little did I know then that they'd be my mother and father-in-law!) and lived there with my sister Jane. I have very loving memories of living there. (That's also where I met my husband! I'm so thankful to God for the time I got to live there and for leading me so faithfully).

-between these times I lived in Germany for 7 months and then got to live in Yakima with my family for the fall and winter of 2008. That was a special and wonderful time. I ran my second half-marathon (first one with Jane, this one with Tim), and had a really great semester spending time with my family.
4-Corcoran home- When I came back to Pullman for my senior year, I had the opportunity of living with the wonderful Mrs. C (and Ana). That was a great time and I felt very comfortable there.
5-Tim and my home!- I love being married and we're settling nicely into our little (but actually not too little) aparment! (pictures to come on a following post).

Now for some Graduation pictures...

I had the most awesome group of cheerers possible! My family came all the way from Yakima for my graduation. I was so glad to have them there. They even made these signs which I could see from my seat down on the floor. It warmed my heart. I think they're quite clever and they did a really good job switching them from front to back.

Liebe Hilary: means dear Hilary


Wunderbar!! means Wonderful!!
(I really thought the signs were great! No one else had signs like these!)


Me with Emily

Mercy and Charity


Mercy and Charity


Dad and Mom (wonderful parents)


Tim, my most excellent husband


Mercy took this one!


He carried me up the hill in the snow!
(Thanks, Tim, for the great pictures! and Mercy...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! A blog post! I love the photos you picked

- Husband

Carrie said...

I loved living with you too. Great to see those pictures.