Friday, August 1, 2008

Pictures-updated


Ok, so now I've got time to post about the pictures....First, though, we had an amazing day today, which consisted of: sleeping in, playing boggle at breakfast, and then going into Bad-Godesberg and singing on the street for money. This was a very fun experience. Carrie, Jane, and I sang gospel/spiritual type songs while Ray played a bucket for a drum. We gathered first around an old clock in the city and began to sing...we sang and people stopped to watch and drop money in our hat. The more people that watched [and gave money] the better we sang. (kind of like Mike and Mariann). We sang at this location for maybe 30 or 40 minutes but had to stop when this lady came out and showed us some ordinance or something stating that street musicians are only aloud to play for 30 minutes in one spot and that they aren't aloud to play at all in that area between 1-3pm. So we decided to get some lunch. After eating some delicious sandwiches we set up in a different place.

There were these really cute british kids who had all given us money [from their mom] during the first time. They were really excited to see us again and all sat down and were our audience. They were drumming along with Ray, and snapping or clapping along.

Then we walked home.

Now on the stove is some delicious taco soup and in the oven is some corn bread!


Ray, Jane, Carrie, and I after our street performing in Bad-Godesberg.



The Following pictures are one of each of us on the morning that Efraim left. After I took one of everybody to put on my blog they sort of insisted that I have mine on there too...

Carrie


me

Raymond

Efraim, the polish guy who drove us back here to Germany...
Jane

Jane and Ray looking really happy... This was on our walk back from Bad-Godesberg the other day.



And this one is kind of old. It's on the bus in Slovakia when we were travelling back to Cieszyn [poland] and the train tracks were under construction or something so they had to stuff us all ont busses. We were really packed in there. The picture is not the best quality, but I think that it captures the feeling of being on there better. We stood for probably 20 minutes or 1/2 an hour on the bus before it even started driving...



Here are the Boothman sisters with Mata in Slovakia...

When we were in Slovakia we went to a zoo (which I think I said before). Anyway, there was this petting zoo with really cute little balck sheep that were the same size as the goat in this picture but with really curly jet-black hair. I just thought this was a funny picture because I'm looking at the goat and enjoying it and the kid is staring at me...




Here's all of us. Ray, Jane, Annie, Alana, me, and Carrie...
Annie and Alana are now back in the states and the others are with me in Germany.



happy



Carrie and I went to Einstein Cafe. They actually have americanos (I've only seen them at Starbucks before this) and their coffee tastes good.




1)I went shopping, and

2) I found and bought stuff that I like, and

3) I had a good time!

Need I explain more?

Last night eating our delicious spaghetti!

Ok, dinner time now. I'm going to go...

3 comments:

tmm said...

This is the happiest that a blog has made me all day! Great photos!

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

Kyle Ryan said...

Hey, those are great pictures. I got to chat briefly with Annie last Sunday. She said with a big smile that you guys got to talk about English and Jesus. And sing too. Sounds wonderful--glad to hear things went so well!