Monday, June 9, 2008

Carrots

I'm back in Bonn; had class today; was less than impressed with my knowledge of Konjunctiv I.

Oh yeah, I ate carrot salad that tasted like dirty pool water (the chlorine and everything). No kidding.

I have one chapter left to read of The Voyage of the Danw Treader (Die Reise auf der Morgenröte).

Germany beat Poland 2 to 0 last night. It's the European Championships. I watched it in the Kaiser Platz=lots of yelling, cheering, chanting, and beer. Very fun.

It's only 8:14 and I'm tired and want to go to bed.

I hope the rain comes back for two reasons: 1) it's cooler, and 2) I might have a chance to use my new rain poncho.

Pia gave me a Spätzle maker.

God continues to be faithful.

Spanking your kids is illegal in German...this could explain a lot.

Blessings to everyone.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chlorkarrottensalat-fun.
Weiter mit dem blogposts :)
love you!

sb(tgaw)

tmm said...

illegal??!

Anonymous said...

Sarah: Warum bist du so clever? Das bist du, das bist du. Wirlkich, I tried the salad and was like...I've tasted this before. Yep, dirty pool water. And Family reunion memories came to me.

Yes indeed. It is illegal to ehem, schlagen, your child. Schlagen, the german verb, is like hit or beat, but it is what they use for spanking children. A very cool German, Johanna, one of the cousins, says that she'll spank her children if she things it's necessary. She also strongly dislikes wild and uncontrolable, unhappy children.
Germany needs supernanny jo.

Carrie said...

Hil, I'm glad you like my blogposts, but I fear that yours have far more humor to them. Mine tend to be a, um, well, how do I say this......dull. I'm so very excited to see you. I'll be in Germany in two weeks!

Anonymous said...

your blogs posts are anything but dull, carrie!
(my goodness. The words 'dull' and 'carrie' are unlinkable.)
~hilary