Thursday, May 8, 2008

happenings

I've had a headache for approximately the last 24 hours...you know that dull kind of lingereing headache kind of like the beginning of when you're getting strep-throut, but not. (is that how throat! is spelled? Ah, throat!, ok like goat, wow. Why, oh why? Alas.) But today is, dum duh-duh-duh-duh-duh-DUHHHHm.....the 5th sunny day in a row!!!!!!! Amazing, simply amazing and wonderful.

Another random observation. I've been thankful for this before, but I'm just going to say it again: I'm very, very grateful that my parents disciplined me and my siblings. I'm very grateful also that they gave us older siblings authority when we babysat, and I'm very glad that obedience and good behaviour is the expected norm for my siblings--that is wonderful.

Did you know that a rat can fall from a five story building and still survive? My daytimer/planner is full of really interesting facts. For some reason that one kind of stuck with me. Strange.

I've started sort of learning Chinese. This languag is difficult. I don't have a course or anything, Mengni is just teaching me some stuff.

I've been playing my violin more lately and realized how much I really love playing violin. Sarah, THANK YOU for sending the books, I really appreciate it!

I haven't gone to Siegberg yet to get my visa. This is slightly nerve-wracking...and irritating because I have to go to this other city and bring papers and get this work done. Felicitas however also has to go to the Ausländeramt to ask about some stuff, so she said we could drive together. It would be way less scary if I didn´t have to go by myself!

Margaret Monk, the nice girl from Louisiana is coming over tomorrow. The floor in her dorm suit is getting replaced and she either has to stay in her room (not even go out to use the bathroom) from 8am to 6pm or she has to stay out. So she's coming here. She eats crawfish.

Mom, I look forward to eating your food.

I'm also really glad that we normally ate together as a family when I was growing up. I think I already wrote that on my blog once, maybe, but I think it's important to spend some time together as a family, and meals are ideal.

Speaking of meals, I think we're going to eat soon....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! I´m in an internet cafe in Bocono right now, and everything has been splendid. Prayers for the langauge would be much appreciated (mental overload--I´m sure you can relate to that! It´s wonderful to have Marian here this year.) Bendiciones--