Sunday, February 10, 2008

Salad Dressing

I didn't realize how much salad dressing has the ability to affect one's functionality in life...until today at lunch when I asked my sister for the pretty pink dressing and the words, "I couldn't find it", were left echoing in my ears.

I instinctively rose from my place at the table, made a dash for the fridge, and began systematically scanning the it's door. My head began to spin as I realized that it really wasn't to be seen--it seemed like the world was whirling around me...all my past salad eating life flashed before me, and I contemplated whether eating a salad was even worth the effort without it--the dressing of pink goodness. Then, mere milliseconds before utter culinary despair, I caught a glimpse of pink from behind the milk. Indeed, the pink-goodness had been found. Extatic, I triumphantly marched back into the dining room, anouncing that I had found it. I enjoyed my salad today with a renewed appreciation for the pink-goodness...and for the wonderful Marston's who introduced me to it.

2 comments:

tmm said...

This made me laugh so hard! "Pretty pink dressing" - did you hear us refer to the salt as the "pretty green stuff?"

It's good you have a blog. Apparently you've already got a readership, so if you keep it updated people will know how you are doing

kmh said...

I have that dressing at my house now...it makes me think of you and the M's every time I taste it